Sasank (Viswanath) Bethapudi
- PhD Chemical Engineering, University College London, London (2018 – Present)
- MSc Chemical Process Engineering, University College London, London (2016-17)
- BE (Hons.) Chemical Engineering, BITS Pilani Goa Campus, India (2010)
- Project Scientist, ARCI (Govt. of India R&D centre), India (2011-2014)
- Research Engineer – II, Saint-Gobain Research India, India (2014-16)
Fuel cells involve a complex interplay of physical and electrochemical processes. Development of advanced metrology tools is essential to understanding how they operate. Performance improvements have been shown to be possible by taking a ‘nature inspired’ approach to flow plate design but advanced metrology tools are required in order to optimise design and operation. This project will use advanced diagnostic techniques to understand the thermal and water management in nature-inspired fuel cells with a view to design and performance optimisation.