Office: Roberts Building, UCL
- 02/2017-present: Senior Researcher in Chemical Engineering, University College London, UK (Advisor: Prof. Marc-Olivier Coppens)
- 01/2014-01/2017: Senior Postdoctoral Researcher & Teaching Fellow in Chemical Engineering, University College London, UK
- 07/2012-01/2014: Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering, Technical University Berlin, Germany (Advisor: Prof. Peter Strasser)
- 01/2010-06/2012: Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta (Advisor: Prof. Tom Fuller; Toyota Motors funding)
- 08/2005-12/2009: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA (Advisor: Prof. Vijay Ramani; General Motors funding)
- 09/2000-05/2005: Diploma in Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
- Nature-inspired electrochemical systems
- Nature-inspired electrocatalysts
Project: Nature-inspired fuel cells
- Hierarchical materials for electrochemical energy conversion and storage devices
- Mechanistic understanding of structure-activity-stability relationship, synthesis and characterization techniques.
- Multilayer membranes for redox flow batteries and water purification
- Additive manufacturing of 3D flow fields for electrochemical devices
- Multiphase flow electrochemical reactors
30 publications and 8 book chapters
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters
- P. Trogadas and M.O. Coppens, A Nature-Inspired Approach in Chemical Reaction Engineering, In Sustainable Nanoscale Engineering; Livingston A.G. Ed.; Elsevier Publishing, under review December 2017.
- P. Trogadas and M.O. Coppens, Hierarchically structured Pt and non-Pt based electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cells, In Handbook of Green Chemistry; Lapkin A., Anastas P. Eds.; RSC Publishing, accepted manuscript, in print.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
- A.S. Perera, P. Trogadas, M.M. Nigra, H. Yu, and M.O. Coppens, Optimization of mesoporous titanosilicate catalysts for cyclohexene epoxidation via statistically guided synthesis Journal of Materials Science accepted manuscript January 2018, DOI: 10.1007/s10853-018-2057-2
- P. Trogadas, J.I.S Cho, T.P. Neville, J. Marquis, B. Wu, D. Brett, and M.O. Coppens, A Lung-Inspired Approach to Scalable and Robust Fuel Cell Design Energy & Environmental Science 11 (2018) 136-143 (Top 2% rank by senior reviewers; Front Cover; part of the Themed collection: Energy & Environmental Science Hot Articles)
- P. Trogadas, V. Ramani, P. Strasser, T.F. Fuller, and M.O. Coppens, Hierarchically Structured Nanomaterials for Electrochemical Energy Conversion Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed. 55 (2016) 122-148.
- P. Trogadas, M.M. Nigra, and M.O. Coppens, Nature-inspired optimization of hierarchical porous media for catalytic and separation processes New Journal of Chemistry 40 (2016) 4016-4026 (themed issue dedicated to François Fajula).
- P. Trogadas, O.O. Taiwo, B. Tjaden, T.P. Neville, S. Yun, J. Parrondo, V. Ramani, M.O. Coppens, D.J.L. Brett, and P.R. Shearing X-Ray Micro-Tomography As a Diagnostic Tool for The Electrode Degradation in Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries, Electrochemistry Communications 48 (2014) 155-159.