- PhD. Bart’s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Niall is a postdoctoral research associate within the Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering in the Chemical Engineering department. Niall is working with Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens, Professor Nigel Titchener-Hooker and Dr Daniel Bracewell developing membranes for water desalination and filtration of various biological entities.
Niall Joined the centre in 2014 after conducting his PhD studies at Bart’s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, where he developed a novel injectable in-vivo setting bone substitute material using bioactive glass.
- N.R. Mohammed, N.W. Kent, R.J.M, Lynch, N. Karpukhina, R. Hill, and P. Anderson,
"Effects of fluoride on in vitro enamel demineralization analyzed by 19F MAS-NMR",
Caries Res., 2013, 47, 421.
- R. Hill, N.W. Kent, and N. Karpukhina,
"A new way of forming calcium phosphate cements using bioactive glasses as reactive precursors: Part 1 theory and background studies",
European Cells and Materials, 2012, 23, 8.
- N.W. Kent, R. Hill, and N. Karpukhina,
"A new way of forming calcium phosphate cements using bioactive glasses as reactive precursors: part 2 experimental cements",
European Cells and Materials, 2012, 23, 25.
- N.W. Kent, X. Liu and M.-O. Coppens, 2016, "Low particle size of bioactive glass causes high pH rise and rapid hydroxyapatite formation". Submitted.
- R.G. Hill, N.G. Kent, and N. Karpukhina,
"A composition for making a cement or an implant",
WO 2013093101 A1, 2012.
- First prize for oral presentation at Mendeleev 2013 conference, St. Petersburg, (Russia), 2013.
- Bart’s NHS Trust Innovation in healthcare, Innovative Product of the year award 2013
Bart’s NHS Trust, 2013.