- PhD, Physics, University College London, London, UK
- MSc, Astrophysics, Queen Mary & Westfield College, London, UK
Porous materials are ubiquitous and are of crucial relevance in a wide ranging natural phenomena and technological applications. The porosity in such materials is often observed at hierarchical levels that are inter-linked. Diffusion of fluids in these materials occurs over a range of length and time scales and different modelling techniques (e.g. DFT, molecular dynamics, Monte Carlo, Lattice-Boltzmann, finite element method) are usually applied to study processes at different levels. Dr Jayesh Bhatt’s current work involves bridging these length scales, particularly nanoscopic and mesoscopic scales, in an experimentally measurable manner in order to obtain a comprehensive picture of diffusion in polycrystalline materials.
Before joining the NICE research group, his past work included atomistic modelling of NMR parameters arising from water transport in porous media, heterogeneous and homogeneous nucleation of metals and metal oxides, production of particulate matter during fuel combustion. Earlier, he obtained MSci Astrophysics from Queen Mary & Westfield College, London. Subsequently, he did a PhD in Physics at University College London, during which he studied astrophysical chemistry of cosmic dust - a fascinating interdisciplinary area of science that he continues to be interested in.
- D.A., Faux, S.-H.P. Cachia, P.J. McDonald, J.S. Bhatt, N.C. Howlett, and S.V. Churakov, "Model for the interpretation of nuclear magnetic resonance relaxometry of hydrated porous silicate materials" , Phys. Rev. E, 2015, 91, 022311 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.91.032311 [Link]
- J.S. Bhatt, P.J. McDonald,
D.A. Faux, N.C. Howlett, and S.V. Churakov,
"NMR Relaxation Parameters from Molecular Simulations of Hydrated Inorganic Nanopores",
Int. J. Quant. Chem., 2014, 114, 1220
- D.A. Faux, P.J. McDonald,
N.C. Howlett, J.S. Bhatt, and S.V. Churakov,
"Nuclear magnetic resonance relaxometry of water in two and quasi-two dimensions",
Phys. Rev. E, 2013, 87, 062309.
- A.A. Lushnikov, J.S. Bhatt,
and I.J. Ford,
"Stochastic approach to chemical kinetics in
J. Aerosol Sci., 2003, 34, 1117.
- J.S. Bhatt and I.J. Ford,
"Kinetics of heterogeneous nucleation for low mean cluster populations",
J. Chem. Phys., 2003, 118, 3166.