ChERD Special Issue on NICE Processes
21 February 2020
Chemical Engineering Research & Design (IChemE journal, published by Elsevier) has just released a Special Issue devoted to “Nature-Inspired Chemical Engineering” (NICE).
This Special Issue (Vol. 155) was edited by Marc-Olivier Coppens (UCL CNIE), with Catherine Xuereb and Vincent Gerbaud (Université de Toulouse, CNRS). It features articles from groups around the world, related to the use of NICE, from fundamentals in non-equilibrium thermodynamics, to applications in materials synthesis, reactor and battery design, and manufacturing:
- Nature-inspired chemical engineering processes (Editorial by Vincent Gerbaud, Catherine Xuereb and Marc-Olivier Coppens)
- Nature–Inspired self–cleaning surfaces: Mechanisms, modelling, and manufacturing (Cunming Yu, Srdjan Sasic, Kai Liu, Samir Salameh, Robin H.A. Ras and J. Ruud van Ommen)
- A nonequilibrium thermodynamics perspective on nature-inspired chemical engineering processes (Vincent Gerbaud, Nataliya Shcherbakova and Sergio Da Cunha)
- Nature-inspired geometrical design of a chemical reactor (Elisa Magnanelli, Simon Birger Byremo Solberg and Signe Kjelstrup)
- Morphosynthesis of porous silica from biocompatible templates (Claudia Violeta Cervantes-Martinez, Mélanie Emo, Maria-José García-Celma, Marie-José Stébé and Jean-Luc Blin)
- Crystal engineering of hierarchical zeolite in dynamically maintained Pickering emulsion (Xiaoling Zhao, Hongchang Duan, Shanbin Gao, Zheru Shi, Kake Zhu and Xinggui Zhou)
- An analytical method for the optimization of pore network in lithium-ion battery electrodes (Guanghua Ye, Weiwen Tong, Xinlei Liu, Xinkuan Song, Jinghong Zhou and Xinggui Zhou)
- Spinach-based photo-catalyst for selective plating on polyimide-based substrates for micro-patterning circuitry (Jose Marques-Hueso, Thomas D.A. Jones, David E. Watson, Assel Ryspayeva, Mohammadreza N. Esfahani, Matthew P. Shuttleworth, Russell A. Harris, Robert W. Kay and Marc P.Y. Desmulliez)
Enjoy free full text access until 7 May 2020.